November 1, 2019
Today, consumers use the internet to find local businesses. “One way to increase your odds of ranking higher on Google is by claiming and optimizing your free GMB online business listing.”
To beat your competition, take advantage of these 7 tips.
- Claim Your Company’s FREE GMB listing – Visit https://www.google.com/business.
- GMB Posts – Use posts to promote special offers or announce events.
- Q & A – Interact directly with potential customers by answering questions. Check the dashboard for a notification and answer promptly.
- Change Your Business Category – You selected categories when you set up your GMB listing. If you’re not showing up in local search results, check out your higher-ranking competition and adjust. “With a little testing you could hit BIG.”
- Messaging – Connect quickly with potential customers by permitting them to send you a text message.
- Check Your GMB Listing At Least Weekly – Anybody can made changes to your GMB listing. Protect your business!
- Home-Based Business Serving Local Community – Check ” serve people at their location”, enter the zip codes, or hide your home address.
– Pat Loftus, SCORE, Chapter Executive Committee
Contact Biz Tip contributor, Pat Loftuscreate new email