Advocacy & Public Policy
Justin Taylor, MRT Lawn & Garden Center and Kathy Lehner, Venice Area Chamber of Commerce
The primary functions of a Chamber Government Relations Committee are:
- To monitor, analyze and prioritize public policy issues which impact chamber members and the greater Venice Area business community.
- To recommend to the board of directors, policy positions regarding local, state, and federal legislation and proposed regulations.
- To prioritize issues that may require special attention by the chamber.
- To prepare plans of action for the chamber staff and volunteers to participate in the government, community, business, media, and other arenas to achieve action on the policy positions adopted by the chamber.
- To assist the chamber in developing and maintaining positive relationships with local, state, and federal officials.
To view the 2022 Venice Area Chamber of Commerce Legislative Priorities, please click here.